Zombies to descend on La Jolla post office Saturday, Oct. 27
Efforts continue to save the historic Wall Street post office 10 to 11 a.m. tomorrow, Oct. 25, when zombies will march in protest of the U.S. Postal Service’s plan to relocate operations and sell the WPA-commissioned building.
The USPS is threatening to suck the life out of the Vlillage of La Jolla by shuttering its 77-year-old post office and creating a zombie post office in an as-yet undefined, smaller, retail space.
The La Jolla Historical Society’s Save Our La Jolla Post Office Task Force is fighting to ensure that the Wall Street Post Office remain undead by encouaging further community awareness of this important issue.
People who believe La Jolla’s iconic post office should be preserved at its current location are encouraged to don their best zombie attire and join the fun.
- La Jolla’s post office task force seeks donations, input this Saturday
- Wall Street post office added to historic preservation ‘A-list’
- County issues heat warning: Cool Zones open throughout the region
- Buone notizie! Classes set at area’s first Italian American Academy, now in La Jolla
- Library lectures at Athenaeum
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=96873