First Lady Michelle Obama in La Jolla tomorrow for Jacobs’ fundraiser
First lady Michelle Obama is scheduled to attend a political fundraiser at the La Jolla home of Qualcomm co-founder Irwin Jacobs and his wife, Joan, Friday Oct. 26.
The event will raise money for President Barack Obama’s “2012 Victory Fund.”
According to U-T San Diego, the luncheon will cost $1,000 a plate, but a photo with Michelle Obama will cost $5,000.
Jacobs is reportedly the second-largest contributor to the president’s campaign and political action committees, giving more than $2.1 million. The largest Obama campaign benefactor is DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg.
The visit to San Diego will be the first lady’s third since her husband became president in January 2009.
She also attended a campaign event this week at the Los Angeles-area home of actors Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, and was scheduled to tape an appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”
After the La Jolla fundraiser, she is scheduled to travel to Las Vegas.
–City News Service
- Restaurateur starts online petition to force action on La Jolla Cove stench
- Evans’ sixth- and seventh-graders learn on iPads
- Scientists converge in La Jolla to discuss rising sea levels
- Social networks have impact on voter turnout, UC San Diego study shows
- Salk Institute unveils Chihuly work commissioned by Joan, Irwin Jacobs
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=96842