First Lady Michelle Obama in La Jolla Oct. 26, 2012 for Jacobs’ fundraiser
First lady Michelle Obama is scheduled to attend a political fundraiser at the La Jolla home of Qualcomm co-founder Irwin Jacobs and his wife, Joan, Friday Oct. 26.
The event will raise money for President Barack Obama’s “2012 Victory Fund.”
According to U-T San Diego, the luncheon will cost $1,000 a plate, but a photo with Michelle Obama will cost $5,000.
Jacobs is reportedly the second-largest contributor to the president’s campaign and political action committees, giving more than $2.1 million. The largest Obama campaign benefactor is DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg.
The visit to San Diego will be the first lady’s third since her husband became president in January 2009.
She also attended a campaign event this week at the Los Angeles-area home of actors Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, and was scheduled to tape an appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”
After the La Jolla fundraiser, she is scheduled to travel to Las Vegas.
— City News Service
- La Jolla surveyor says property markers are being inadvertently destroyed by city
- Kate Spade luxury-fashion store opens in La Jolla
- Two La Jolla scientists predicted to win Nobel Prize
- Obama arrival likely to affect La Jolla traffic
- Salk Institute unveils Chihuly work commissioned by Joan, Irwin Jacobs
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=96842