La Jolla Art & Wine Festival raises funds for schools
Coronado-based Jewelry designer Shelly Mantler of Shel Couture (right) and mother Donna Babe added a special touch to their booth.
The fourth annual La Jolla Art & Wine Festival was held Oct. 13-14, 2012 along Girard Avenue in the Village. The event raised supplemental funds for education programs at Torrey Pines, La Jolla and Bird Rock Elementary Schools and Muirlands Middle School. Activities included 150 juried-artists showing and selling their wares; samplings of wine, beer and food; a silent auction, entertainment and children’s activities that included painting a car, art and dance classes, games, chalk art, crafts, edible art, cartooning and a family scavenger hunt.
- Art for Education: La Jolla Art and Wine Festival moves to the Village this year
- Crafters protest closing of UC San Diego art center
- La Jolla Country Day School’s Torreys girls volleyball teams strike hard in recent wins
- Surf’s Up at Muirlands Middle School in La Jolla
- Artist donates painting to UCSD preschool center
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=96689