Man dies after dive at La Jolla Shores on Saturday
An autopsy was pending Sunday on a scuba diver who reported problems breathing at La Jolla Shores, then fell unconscious, possibly because of a medical problems.
The man, whose name was withheld, was diving with friends when he surfaced shortly after 8 a.m., said he was having trouble breathing and was helped into a boat, according to lifeguards.
The diver, believed to be in his 40s, was brought ashore, and lifeguards started CPR to no avail. He was later declared dead. Authorities withheld his name.
Investigators at the San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office will determine the cause of death.
–City News Service
- La Jolla Shores Association celebrates fall at festival fundraiser
- Great White shark spotted off La Jolla Shores coast
- Planning group denies approval of Hillel project
- Scripps Institution project out for public review
- La Jolla planning group wants Princess Street beach access restored
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=96614