Rummage sale nets $2,200 for school music programs at La Jolla High and Muirlands Middle schools
Muirlands Middle School sixth-grader Elizabeth Heller tests a drum kit Oct. 13 during the rummage sale. Elizabeth and her mother, Clare, volunteered at the sale.
A rummage sale held in the auditorium of La Jolla High School Oct. 13-14 raised $2,200 for music programs at La Jolla High and Muirlands Middle schools.
The money will benefit concert band and orchestral music at Muirlands, which is funded entirely by donations, as well as supplies like sheet music, stands and violin strings for the instrumental and vocal music programs at La Jolla High.
Donations are tax deductible. For those who missed the sale and would like to make a donation, checks can be sent to music director Michael Fiedler at:
• Muirlands Middle School, 1056 Nautilus St., La Jolla CA, 92037 (checks should be payable to Muirlands Middle School Foundation and contain the word “music” in the subject line).
• La Jolla High School, 750 Nautilus St., La Jolla CA, 92037 (checks should be payable to La Jolla High School and contain either the word “band” or “choir” in the memo line).
- La Jolla Elementary holds meet-and-greet party for parents, teachers
- Art for Education: La Jolla Art and Wine Festival moves to the Village this year
- Surf’s Up at Muirlands Middle School in La Jolla
- La Jolla educators honored as ‘teachers of the year’
- Teen Star Cassadee Pope urges Muirlands students to live life ‘naturally high’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=96357