La Jolla Country Day School’s Torreys girls volleyball teams strike hard in recent wins
The La Jolla Country Day School’s Torreys volleyball teams had a busy week and enjoyed a lot of success. On Oct. 2, the girls played a league game against Tri-City Christian School. After beating them in five games, the Torreys came away with a 3-0 victory.
Oct. 3 was another league game against Santa Fe Christian. The two teams split the first two games, with each team getting a hard fought victory. Santa Fe went on to win the next two to win the match. The team began the Scripps Ranch Tournament on Oct. 5 with three wins. The Torreys played Calexico, Coronado, and Westview.
Saturday, Oct. 6 the girls played The Bishop’s School and lost a very tight match 2-1. Escondido High was next to see who would go back to the semi-finals and the Torreys won 2-0. It was Westview High again in the semis, and the team lost 2-1 to end their tourney.
Sheridan Rice, Arela Williams, and Alexandra Bolotin were the hitting stars. Annie Hasselmann did the majority of the setting and libero Cassidy Rooke was great on defense. Another tough challenge comes this weekend with the Torrey Pines tourney.
- Surf’s Up at Muirlands Middle School in La Jolla
- Cross-country athlete Tanner Collins earns ‘Runner of the Week’ honors for UCSD in La Jolla
- San Diego Triathlon Challenge at La Jolla Cove is sold-out
- Sports roundup: La Jolla Country Day wins CIF cross-country title
- Torreys edge out La Jolla for CIF tennis title
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=96188