La Jolla man fatally shot in Los Angeles
A man who was fatally shot in the southwest Los Angeles area was a resident of La Jolla, the coroner’s office reported Oct. 2.
Julio Manuel Alcantar, 23, was shot in the chest about 9 p.m. Monday in the 1000 block of West 66th Street, and he died a half-hour later at a hospital, said coroner’s Assistant Chief Ed Winter.
Los Angeles police said Alcantar was with his brother Edgardo and a friend when a suspect approached and opened fire on them for unknown reasons.
The other two men were hospitalized in serious condition, according to police.
–City News Service
- Homicide unit investigating suspicious head injury at La Jolla Travelodge
- Police looking for man who fondled woman in University City
- La Jolla Crime Report Jan. 1-8
- Vehicle break-ins at La Jolla Shores condo complex upset resident
- La Jolla home burglary suspect pleads guilty
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=95924