Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho with Crab-Avocado Salad from Table 926’s Executive Chef/Owner Matt Richman
1 Persian cucumber, chopped (not peeled)
3 piquillo peppers or red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
6 super ripe red heirloom tomatoes, chopped roughly
1/2 red onion
1/4 cup high quality red or sherry vinegar
1/4 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 avocado, chopped
4 ounces crab claw meat
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
METHOD: Combine all vegetables into a bowl and, while working in batches, bend in a blender while adding vinegar and olive oil. Once pureed, place into a container and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. As an alternative, add a touch more vinegar as a replacement for added salt.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine crab, cilantro and avocado and fold well.
To serve, place a equal parts of crab mixture into a soup bowl. Carefully ladle the soup around the mixture so as not to disturb its form. Garnish with a splash of olive oil and chopped herbs.
- On the Menu Recipe: Vigilluci’s Seared Scallop and Fennel Risotto
- On the Menu recipe: The Fish Market’s Garlic Prawns
- On the Menu Recipe: Crab Catcher’s Cioppino
- Kitchen 1540’s Organic Beet Salad Caramelized Yogurt, Pistachios, Orange, Valdeon Blue
- On the Menu Recipe: Market’s ‘Point Reyes Blue Cheese Souffle & Satsuma Tangerines’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=95534