Motorist crashes into Pharmaca front window in La Jolla
By Ashley Mackin
A car crashed into the storefront of Pharmaca pharmacy on Girard Friday afternoon. While the driver has yet to be identified, an eyewitness detailed what he saw. Eric Mitchell, a security guard at the Bank of America next door, said the car was parked in front of the store.
Attempting to pull out into traffic, the female driver put the car in reverse and backed up. With too many cars coming, she pulled forward into the parking spot, which was perpendicular to the store. Mitchell said he thinks the driver must have thought she put the car into reverse again, because she accelerated with enough force to propel her vehicle into the storefront window.
No one was walking in front of the store at the time. Mitchell said an ambulance was called and the driver was examined, but did not go to the hospital and seemed unharmed.
- District 1 City Council candidates Sherri Lightner, Ray Ellis square off during ‘La Jolla Light’ debate at MCASD
- City Council approves ordinance to better address neighborhood blight
- Social networks have impact on voter turnout, UC San Diego study shows
- UCSD’s new chancellor takes reins, envisions more diverse campus
- Two-car collision causes pileup on Torrey Pines Road
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=95400