Athenaeum soiree offers guests an evening in ‘Paris’
The Sept. 7 evening at the Athenaeum Music & Arts Library had it all — a chanteuse, mime, can-can dancers, string quartet, accordionist, wine and Champagne, vichyssoise with truffle cream and chives, cheese and baguettes, and a roasted apple caramel tart served with vanilla Chantilly cream ala Hyatt Regency La Jolla.
Guests bid on one-of-a-kind silent auction items as they strolled through the library rooms, wowed by each romantic dining vignette designed for the occasion by the art committee. Toulouse Lautrec, paintbrush in hand, was spotted in the corner of one alcove.
Each year the library chooses a celebrated culture to explore for its gala theme and guests come attired in costume. Proceeds from the evening support operations at the membership library. — Susan DeMaggio
- The Jewels of San Diego stage Moulin Rouge Cabaret to support The Arc
- Athenaeum hosts reception for Kyoto Prize Symposium
- High-energy art ‘zar stages grand opening in La Jolla
- Athenaeum reception heralds the exhibits of two Mexican artists
- Athenaeum Music & Arts Library to host art history lectures in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=95331