Landscape art takes center stage at library’s latest show
From Library Reports
La Jolla Library Art Gallery is set to open a new exhibition in its ongoing community series. The works of 13 regional painters will be on display for show and sale, Sept. 15-Nov. 16, in “Fresh Paint: Impressions of California Plein-Air Artists,” at 7555 Draper Ave.
“Fresh Paint will showcase the beauty and diversity of Southern California and beyond,” according to organizers.
Featured will be landscape, cityscape and seascape paintings from the award-winning Scottie Brown, Ken Goldman, Catherine Grawin, Patricia Jasper Clark, Pat Kelly Robin Hall, Carolyn Hesse-Low, John Modesitt, Scott W. Prior, Ray Roberts, Jeff Yeomans, Marjorie Taylor, and Toni Williams.
A public reception with the artists will be held 2-4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 23.
Viewing the exhibition is free of charge during library hours: 1-5 p.m. Sundays; 12:30-5:30 p.m. Mondays; 12:30-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays; and 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturdays.
A portion of all art sales will benefit the library fund. For more information, call (858) 552-1657 or visit lajollalibrary.org
- Paperdoll exhibit evokes thoughts of 1890s and 1980s
- Film artist to speak at Museum of Contemporary Art Thursday in advance of his new exhibit downtown
- Galeria Jan celebrates 25 years in the art business
- Athenaeum Music & Arts Library to host art history lectures in La Jolla
- 250 years of Japanese woodblock prints go on exhibit at San Diego Museum of Art
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=94811