For gala with a garbage theme, TRASH, was pretty swanky!
New Children’s Museum Board President Mitch Mitchell, Rebecca Mitchell, Judy and Jim Park
The fifth annual New Children’s Museum Gala (inspired by the current eco-exhibition, TRASH) was held Aug. 18 at the museum, 200 West Island Ave. in San Diego. More than 250 patrons celebrated the transformation of rubbish into resource — eco couture, zero waste, urban agriculture, and organic fare with an evening of music, wine, cuisine and art. Highlights included Eco Couture Fashion, Sustainable Fare by Campine, a Dumpster Dance Party and one-of-a kind art and entertainment. The gala raised $400,000 to support NCM’s programming for children, families, artists, and teachers.
- Stars come out to help symphony open 101st year with salute to Paris
- Preuss School UCSD raises record $375,000 at annual benefit
- A perfect spring day dawns for Jr. League’s Island Divine
- Jolly good fun at Evans School’s Royal Tea in honor of Wills and Kate
- Church welcomes fall with Oktoberfest
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=94593