For gala with a garbage theme, TRASH, was pretty swanky!
The fifth annual New Children’s Museum Gala (inspired by the current eco-exhibition, TRASH) was held Aug. 18 at the museum, 200 West Island Ave. in San Diego. More than 250 patrons celebrated the transformation of rubbish into resource — eco couture, zero waste, urban agriculture, and organic fare with an evening of music, wine, cuisine and art. Highlights included Eco Couture Fashion, Sustainable Fare by Campine, a Dumpster Dance Party and one-of-a kind art and entertainment. The gala raised $400,000 to support NCM’s programming for children, families, artists, and teachers.
- Stars come out to help symphony open 101st year with salute to Paris
- Preuss School UCSD raises record $375,000 at annual benefit
- A perfect spring day dawns for Jr. League’s Island Divine
- Jolly good fun at Evans School’s Royal Tea in honor of Wills and Kate
- Church welcomes fall with Oktoberfest
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=94593