Planning Commission’s Aug. 30 hearing on year-round rope at Children’s Pool cancelled
A hearing of the San Diego Planning Commission scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 30, has been cancelled, according to city of San Diego development project manager, Morris Dye. The commission was set to consider an appeal of the city’s earlier approval of a Site Development Permit to install and maintain a year-round rope barrier in perpetuity to create a buffer between humans and seals at the La Jolla Children’s Pool. The department had recommended denying the appeal (and allowing the year-round rope).
This cancellation is ostensibly due to the failure of the city’s internet technology staff to post the Planning Commission docket on the city’s website 72 hours in advance of the meeting (pursuant to state law).
A notice of the rescheduled hearing will be posted at lajollalight.com as soon as a date has been determined.
- Opening sluiceways proposed again as way to clean Children’s Pool
- Children’s Pool gets a cross of sea grass
- Judge sends seal rope matter back to Planning Commission
- Man ticketed for disturbing seals on La Jolla beach has ticket dismissed
- Appeal of year-round rope barrier at Children’s Pool is Dec. 9
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=94339