Taste of Thai’s Pad Thai Goong Sod
Pad Thai Goong Sod (Fried Rice Noodles with Shrimp)
• 1/2 cup oil • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic • 1 tablespoon chopped shallots • 10 ounces dried rice-flour vermicelli, soaked in warm water to soften • 1 tablespoon chopped pickled white radish • 1 cake hard bean curd • 1 teaspoon ground dried chilies • 4 tablespoons sugar • 3 tablespoons fish sauce • 4 tablespoons tamarind juice • 3 eggs • 1 pound bean sprouts • Bunch of Chinese flat chives • 1/2 cup ground roasted peanuts • 1/2 banana blossom, simmered until tender (optional)
Method: Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a wok and sauté´ garlic and shallots. Add the noodles and fry, turning constantly to prevent sticking. Remove noodles and set aside. Put another 3 tablespoons of oil into pan, and when hot, add the pickled white radish, bean curd and dried chilies. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes and then return the noodles. Add sugar, fish sauce and tamarind juice, mix thoroughly and set aside on a plate. Put another 2 tablespoons of oil into the pan and when hot, break 3 eggs into pan and scramble, spreading the eggs in a thin layer over the pan.
When set, return noodles and mix together. Add half the bean sprouts and Chinese flat chives. Mix together thoroughly, then sprinkle with ground peanuts. Season with sugar, fish sauce and tamarind juice. Serve garnished with the remaining bean sprouts, Chinese flat chives and the banana blossom.
- On the Menu recipe: Rock Bottom’s Laredo Burger
- On The Menu Recipe: Brick & Bell Café’s Croutons
- On the Menu Recipe: Shrimp Dumplings from Wild Note Cafe
- On the Menu Recipe: Port Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs from Chef Jason Knibb of Nine-Ten
- On the Menu recipe: Whisknladle’s Wild Prawns with Cuttlefish Ink Tagliatelle, Uni Saffron Creme, Fresno Chiles and Fava Leaves
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=94050