Surfers bring the ‘aloha’ spirit to the cancer fight
UC San Diego’s Moores Cancer Center held its annual Luau & Longboard Invitational on Sunday, Aug. 19 near Scripps Pier to raise funds for cancer research. The event included an early morning surf competition, followed by an afternoon luau and auctions. During the party, the Rell Sunn award was presented to Nobel laureate and UC San Diego professor of pharmacology, chemistry and biochemistry Roger Tsien, a Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigator.
- Surfboards in the sand show support for those battling cancer
- Knight Fever comes to Bishop’s School disco party
- Music Society welcomes spring at Winterfest Gala
- Kyoto Scholarship gala shines a spotlight on human achievements
- Soroptimist luncheon shines spotlight on women helping women
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=93912