La Jollan sisters celebrate their Surf Diva success
Surf Diva Surf School owners (sisters) Coco and Izzy Tihanyi received a commendation from District 1 Councilmember Sherri Lightner at the Sweet 16 party they hosted Aug. 5 in their La Jolla Shores boutique, marking their 16th year as ‘The Starbucks of surf schools,’ (Newsweek magazine).
Surf Diva Surf School is considered the pillar of women’s surfing in the action sports industry and offers surfing and standup paddleboard lessons year-round in La Jolla and Costa Rica, according to the Tihanyi sisters.
At the party, Lightner commented on the passion the Tihanyi’s share for surfing and how they managed to succeed in a male-dominated industry.
The proclamation read: “Whereas, the impact Surf Diva has made in the world of surfing is shadowed only by its immense generosity for charities and organizations, including the American Red Cross, Bird Rock Elementary, Girl Scouts of America, Boarding for Breast Cancer, Torrey Pines Elementary School and UCSD Cancer Association among many others.” surfdiva.com
- Candidates list goals for La Jolla merchant group
- La Jolla battered overnight by storm
- Creating production posters is a team effort at the La Jolla Playhouse
- Supercomputer center celebrates 25th year
- La Jolla native calls Medal of Valor ‘crowning moment’ to lifeguard career
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=93897