Creedence Clearwater Revisited concert benefits Promises2Kids
Creedence Clearwater Revisited (aka CCR) brought its brand of Southern rock stylings to the estate of Joan Waitt in La Jolla on Aug. 11, performing at a benefit gala for Promises2Kids. Since 1981, Promises2Kids has led the fight against child abuse and neglect in the County of San Diego.
A bit of CCR trivia: John Fogerty, Doug Clifford and Stu Cook (all born in 1945) met at Portola Junior High School in El Cerrito, Calif., and began playing juke box standards together under the name The Blue Velvets. The trio also backed singer Tom Fogerty (John’s older brother by three years) at live gigs and in the recording studio. The band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993 and ranked at 82 on Rolling Stone’s 100 greatest artists of all time. The original group disbanded on Oct. 16, 1972.
Photos by Brandon Colbert
- Bishop’s School supporters rock on with Foreigner at ‘Say You Will’ gala
- Darlington House gets all decked out for Christmas
- With a Ho Ho Ho! Santa steals the show!
- Tables set for historical society’s stylish progressive dinner
- Friends gather for benefit at Scripps Hospital
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=93797