Kansas helps Rock The Cure for diabetes in La Jolla
Classic-rock band Kansas performs at 2012 Rock The Cure in La Jolla. From left: Richard Williams, Steve Walsh, Dave Ragsdale and Billy Greer.
Classic-rock band Kansas headlined the 5th annual Rock The Cure concert July 19 to help raise funds for Type 1 diabetes, previously called juvenile diabetes. Lisa and Steve Altman hosted the benefit at their cliffside, La Jolla Farms home.
Attendees were treated to tastes from more than a dozen of San Diego’s most popular restaurants, while enjoying panoramic views at the location overlooking La Jolla’s shoreline. Kansas performed a full-set concert, including their hit songs, “Carry On Wayward Son” and “Dust in the Wind.”
- La Jolla couple gives $10 million to UCSD Clinical and Translational Research Institute
- Wall Street post office added to historic preservation ‘A-list’
- Natural La Jolla: Keep your eye out for green sea turtles at the Shores
- Legion Post seeks Mount Soledad Memorial information
- Council to consider banning dogs from Children’s Pool, adjacent areas
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=91501