Work of ‘photorealist’ painter John Valadez comes to Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
The opening reception for the art exhibit “Santa Anna Condition: John Valadez” drew a crowd to the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego on June 9. Patrons mingled over cocktails and hors d’oeuvres before meeting the artist and viewing the show, which will remain on exhibit through Sept. 2 at 700 Prospect St. For 25 years, the Los Angeles-based Valadez has depicted the people and places of Southern California.
The MCASD is open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, but closed Wednesdays. Admission is free from 5 to 7 p.m. on the third Thursday of every month.
- Museum’s auction benefit draws contemporary art patrons
- Athenaeum reception heralds the exhibits of two Mexican artists
- Historical Society event launches speakers series
- Gala guests reveal that Bugsy sent ‘em
- From La Jolla With Love — MCASD gala a hit with guests
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=88551