Surfboards in the sand show support for those battling cancer
A record 344 surfboards crushed last year’s record of 250 at the sixth annual Survivor Beach benefit held Sunday, June 10 from 8 to 10 a.m. on the beach near Scripps Pier. Hosted by the 19th annual Moores UCSD Cancer Center Luau & Longboard Invitational (Aug. 19 this year), Survivor Beach was created in 2007 as a way to bring together the community to honor individuals in their fight against cancer, and to show support for cancer survivors.
The line started at Scripps Pier and extended toward La Jolla Shores. Every board registered was entered into a raffle for the chance to win two tickets to the Luau & Longboard Invitational and other surf prizes.
— Greg Wiest
- The Jewels of San Diego stage Moulin Rouge Cabaret to support The Arc
- Laureates honored at Kyoto Prize Symposium gala
- Passion! Fire! Romance! at Orchestra Nova salute to Spain
- No claim jumpers in sight at Sanford-Burnham’s gold rush gala
- Young orators discuss the Y for annual speech contest
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=88538