County Supervisor Ron Roberts to talk San Diego with La Jollans at Community Center June 20
After a 20-year career in architecture, which included serving on the city’s plan- ning commission, Ron Rob- erts won two terms on the San Diego City Council where he represented District 2 before joining the Board of Supervisors.
Today Roberts represents San Diego County’s 4th Supervisorial District and serves as chairman of the board of supervisors.He will discuss the state of the county’s finances and its operations — from libraries to air quality — at the next Distinguished Speakers Se- ries presentation, 5 p.m. Wednesday, June 20 at the La Jolla Community Center (formerly the Riford Center), 6811 La Jolla Blvd.
Roberts is known for his commitments to fiscal disci- pline, at-risk youth, senior issues, clean air and long-range planning. His transit leadership has San Diego on the precipice of building a significant extension of the trolley from Old Town to UCSD and University Town Center. Roberts will also discuss a new emergency services initiative to be used during disasters, like wildfires, and he will touch on the county’s “Live Well, San Diego!” campaign that is focusing on healthier communities, childhood obesity and reducing strokes and heart attacks.
To reserve a seat (a $5 donation is suggested) call (858) 459-0831.
- Rotarians award $150,000 to La Jolla graduates
- Venus and the Sun sightings captured from La Jolla on Tuesday, June 5
- The Children’s School showcases student’s interpretations of great artists at open house Feb. 16
- Designs in steel and glass: UCSD tours and guidebook celebrate modern marvels on campus
- Famed physicist to lecture at Point Loma Nazarene
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=88503