Can you spare a dime to help fund the 2012 Fourth of July fireworks in La Jolla?
The 2012 Fourth of July fireworks over La Jolla Cove are set to go off with a bang if residents can do- nate $8,500 by June 20 at savelajollafireworks.org
“I’ve got about $16,00-$17,000 pledged so far,” said event director Deborah Marengo. “But we still are working for more donations. Yes, (environmental) at- torney Marco Gonzalez is trying to get the permit re- voked for this year, as he did last year, but it has been approved. The show will begin at 9 p.m. on July 4.”
Marengo said this will be the fourth year that La Jolla residents have funded the Independence Day tradition, though it will be the 27th year that the rocketing sparklers have lit up The Cove sky. Fire- works America will present the pyrotechnic extrava- ganza expected to be seen by hundreds of thousands of revelers.
- Rotarians award $150,000 to La Jolla graduates
- Venus and the Sun sightings captured from La Jolla on Tuesday, June 5
- The Children’s School showcases student’s interpretations of great artists at open house Feb. 16
- Designs in steel and glass: UCSD tours and guidebook celebrate modern marvels on campus
- Famed physicist to lecture at Point Loma Nazarene
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=88499