Museum’s auction benefit draws contemporary art patrons
The Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego hosted its eighth Biennial Art Auction on May 30 with guests arriving at 700 Prospect St. to bid on unique works to benefit MCASD’s education programs and future art acquisitions.
During the evening, the museum auctioned off more than 70 works of art, and generated more than $750,000 in gross revenue.
Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres accompanied the silent auction. The live auction, presented by Lydia Fenet of Christie’s New York, got underway at 8 p.m. and was followed by coffee and dessert. Among the 48-plus artists participating were Al Wei Wei, John Baldessari, Roman DeSalvo, John Valadez, Mara DeLuca, John Oliver Lewis and Kim MacConnel.
- Premium wines were the cost of admission to fund-raising party
- 12 laudable groups receive Las Patronas grants at luncheon
- Canine caper draws smiles from passers-by
- It’s all ‘Black & White’ at La Jolla Art Association exhibition
- Music gala has patrons ‘Minding the Arts’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=88306