Herringbone makes La Jolla debut, raising $25,000 for Aidchild
Herringbone, the $2.5 million “ocean bazaar” eatery from restaurateurs Brian Malarkey and James Brennan, had its grand opening on May 31 at 7837 Herschel Ave. in the Village. During the evening, Brennan and Malarkey of Enlightened Hospitality Group, announced plans to open Olubugo (oh-loo-BOO-go) restaurant in Uganda later this summer.
Proceeds from Olubugo, a partnership with the nonprofit group Aidchild, will benefit Ugandan orphans living with AIDS, and help fund homes, academies and clinics for impoverished children and families in the East African country. The opening raised $25,000 for Aidchild.
Pat Sherman photos
- Herschel building seals the deal for newest Malarkey venture
- Kyoto Scholarship gala shines a spotlight on human achievements
- UCSD salutes Dr. Seuss on what would’ve, could’ve been his 107th birthday
- Canine caper draws smiles from passers-by
- Gingerbread City raises funds for Epilepsy Foundation
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=88276