Africa and Beyond to host silversmith visit this weekend
Africa and Beyond, 1250 Prospect St., will present the jewelry of Tuareg silversmith Moussa Albaka from Niger, West Africa from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, June 2 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, June 3 during an artist reception and trunk show, “Jewels of the Desert.” Visitors will see traditional Saharan designs blended with modern sensibilities to create one-of-a-kind necklaces, rings, bracelets and earrings. Moussa was awarded the prestigious U.N.E.S.C.O. seal of excellence award as well as having his jewelry exhibited at the Smithsonian Institution.
The public is welcome to this cultural event. For more details, call (858) 454-9983.
Africa and Beyond, La Jolla
Phone: (858) 454-9983
- Film artist to speak at Museum of Contemporary Art Thursday in advance of his new exhibit downtown
- New exhibit at Museum of Art showcases the work of Mexico’s moderninsts
- Family tree yields three artists for group show
- Local author tackles taboo subject ‘American nudes’ in new art book
- Artist will sell many works at benefit for seniors
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=87922