La Jolla High qualifies record number for state track meet on Friday
At last Saturday’s CIF Championships, the La Jolla High girls track team qualified for a school record number of events in Friday’s state track meet in Clovis.
The girls 4×400 relay team shattered the previous school record, marking the first time in school history a La Jolla High girls team qualified for state in the event. The team of Jenna Harmeyer, Vanora Guerard, Kelli Hancock and Karly Zlatic beat the school’s previous top time in the event by more than five seconds.
Here is a list of who qualified for the state meet from La Jolla High:
— 400 meters (56.16)
— 200 meters (24.54)
— 300 Meter Hurdles (43.44 fastest time run this year in San Diego Section).
Jenna Harmeyer, Vanora Guerard, Kelli Hancock and Karly Zlatic
— 4×400 relay team (3:55.91)
— Triple Jump (37-07.50)
- La Jolla High girls enjoy turnaround on hardwood
- Cathedral too much for La Jolla in showdown
- La Jolla football teams off to fast start
- Rolling into La Jolla: Prep basketball academy
- La Jolla Country Day’s Rogers joins teammate as All-American
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=87603