Saturday afternoon brings garden-lovers out to tour La Jolla’s finest
A highlight of the La Jolla Secret Garden Tour this year was a ‘Repurposed Garden’ vignette, which featured an outdoor bedroom. The vignette, at an oceanfront home on Camino de la Costa, was a collaboration by designers Lori Chandler, Barbara Gray, Krista Niskanen and Karen Lampard. The ‘bed’ was dressed in a sod duvet with pillows made of roses.
The La Jolla Historical Society presented its 14th annual Secret Garden Tour on May 19 with dozens of artists and musicians assigned to various homes on the tour adding to the beauty and splendor of the day. The spring tour is the historical society’s primary fundraising event.
Proceeds make it possible for the society to care for its extensive and unique collections, create and expand educational programs, and support efforts to advocate for the preservations of La Jolla’s special character. For information, visit lajollahistory.org
- Ice cream social brings out smiles
- Historical Society event launches speakers series
- Committee says 65th Jewel Ball will sparkle like Sapphire
- Celebrity Cooks event benefits work of Moores Cancer Center
- Scripps Research hosts donor appreciation event
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=87512