Saturday afternoon brings garden-lovers out to tour La Jolla’s finest
Platinum Tour guests enter the Country Club Lane estate along a winding path sheltered by tree fern canopies, bamboo oldhamii and palms. The gardens were planned by San Juan Capistrano landscape architect Theresa Clark to complement the home designed by La Jolla architect Trip Bennett and built by La Jolla Historical Society president Tom Grunow.
The La Jolla Historical Society presented its 14th annual Secret Garden Tour on May 19 with dozens of artists and musicians assigned to various homes on the tour adding to the beauty and splendor of the day. The spring tour is the historical society’s primary fundraising event.
Proceeds make it possible for the society to care for its extensive and unique collections, create and expand educational programs, and support efforts to advocate for the preservations of La Jolla’s special character. For information, visit lajollahistory.org
- Ice cream social brings out smiles
- Historical Society event launches speakers series
- Committee says 65th Jewel Ball will sparkle like Sapphire
- Celebrity Cooks event benefits work of Moores Cancer Center
- Scripps Research hosts donor appreciation event
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=87512