Lifeguards rescue four from overturned motor boat near Marine Street in La Jolla
Four people were rescued after a motorboat overturned in waters off La Jolla on Wednesday. 10 News.com reports the incident occurred at about 3:40 p.m. May 23 at Horseshoe Reef, near Marine Street.
Lifeguards said the crew on the boat was doing buoy work. Four people were on board the 20-foot motorboat. Two passengers appeared to be OK. One passenger, a 60-year-old man, suffered a neck injury. Lifeguards took him and a fourth passenger (who will be treated for hypothermia) to Quivera Basin in Mission Bay.
Lifeguards said the rescue was tough because of the waves that kept hitting the small boat. It is unclear what caused the boat to overturn.
- New Sinai Circle in La Jolla Village brings ancient wisdom to contemporary life
- Non parlo l’italiano? Claudio Stemberger can help!
- Newcomers welcome to Scout troop’s open house
- Preps come out to support author’s new poke at traditions
- Riford to host garden tour
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=87433