San Diego Chargers sign three draft choices
The San Diego Chargers signed three of their seven draft selections from the 2012 NFL draft: LB Melvin Ingram (first round), DE Kendall Reyes (second round) and C David Molk (seventh round). All three players signed four-year contracts.
Ingram was the Charger’s first-round selection and the 18th choice overall. The South Carolina linebacker made 19 sacks and 26 tackles for loss in his last two college seasons. Ingram’s deal includes a team option for a fifth season, standard for first-round picks.
Reyes, a 6-foot-4, 299-pound defensive end was a three-year starter with Connecticut who finished his career with 142 tackles, 11.5 sacks and 32.5 tackles for loss. Molk, a 6-2, 287-pound center from Michigan won the Rimington Award as college football’s best center in 2011.
- Chargers 2012 schedule begins and ends with Raiders
- Chargers name Pagano new defensive coordinator
- Sanders optimistic about new Chargers stadium in San Diego
- Chargers sign kicker as Kaeding recovers from groin injury
- Merriman placed on reserve-injured list
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=63499