Newcomers Club presents Titanic-era fashion show
The theme of the Newcomers Club’s spring luncheon at La Jolla Country Club last week was Victorian Fashion, with a nod to the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the RMS Titanic on April 14-15, 1912.
Buzz about the fuss and foibles of petticoats, corsets and crinoline dominated the day with representatives from the San Diego Victorian Ladies Society modeling outfits that prompted lively discussion.
The Newcomers welcomes into its ranks anyone who has moved into Zipcode 92037 in the past three years. News of meetings and activities can be found at lajollanewcomers.org
Photos by Susan DeMaggio
- Newcomers end the year with afternoon at the Women’s Club
- Newcomers celebrate the season mindful of children in need
- Newcomers kick off year at Beach & Tennis Club party
- Premium wines were the cost of admission to fund-raising party
- Kyoto Scholarship gala shines a spotlight on human achievements
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=62804