Sixth College students enjoyed a late night with Conan
To mark the 10th anniversary of UC San Diego’s Sixth College, late-night TV talk show host Conan O’Brien visited the Sixth College Lodge for a meet-and-greet event Friday, April 20, prior to a performance at RIMAC Arena.
Sixth College Provost Dan Donoghue remarked that “with this special appearance by a true American celebrity, all Sixth College students, faculty and staff had the opportunity to celebrate our college theme of culture, art and technology with humor.”
Sixth College was also be renamed “Conan O’Brien College” (including on its Internet homepage) for the day of O’Brien’s appearance.
“I am honoring my pledge to appear at any college that names itself after me,” O’Brien quipped. “Your move, Yale.”
A Harvard graduate, O’Brien’s writing credits include “Saturday Night Live” and “The Simpsons.” From 1993 to 2009 he hosted Emmy Award-winning “Late Night” on NBC. His current show, “Conan,” premiered Nov. 8, 2010 on TBS.
- La Jolla resident to appear on ‘Jeopardy!’ April 10
- ‘Modern Family,’ ‘Mad Men’ lead Emmy winners
- Unique Calit2 broadcast invites viewer input via the Web in August
- La Jolla’s Best Bets for Events the week of March 24-March 31
- Zenbu Lounge exhibit celebrates tattoo art
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=62767