Plastic surgery financing options: how to make cosmetic procedures more affordable
By Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS
Despite news of economic recovery on the horizon, most people throughout the U.S. are still struggling to bounce back in the wake of the recession. As a result, consumers remain limited when it comes to discretionary spending; and that means putting everything from vacations and new appliances to personal care purchases on hold. However, in the case of plastic surgery, financing options can make it possible for potential patients to tackle longstanding physical concerns – even if they are living on a budget.
Plastic surgery can be critical for individuals suffering from sever self-esteem and body image issues, as well as those struggling with physical ailments or recovery from illness, trauma or significant weight loss. As we have discussed in past columns, bariatric plastic surgery can make a profound difference in the appearance, health and self-confidence of individuals coping with major weight loss, while reconstructive breast surgery can help recovering breast cancer patients regain a sense of symmetry and self. These are just a few of the important plastic surgery procedures that can make a difference in peoples’ lives; and thanks to a variety of financing resources, some patients can undergo top-quality treatment without breaking the bank.
Custom financing resources for plastic surgery patients
At our San Diego/La Jolla and Temecula plastic surgery offices, we offer a variety of financing options for our valued patients, including the following:
- Cash discounts: pay cash up front and save with cash discounts.
- Multiple-procedure discounts: planning on more than one type of plastic surgery? Schedule procedures together for greater efficiency and less recovery time, and enjoy cost savings into the bargain. This option is ideal for procedures like the Mommy Makeover or facelift surgery and facial rejuvenation treatments.
- Prime loan lenders: organizations like Care Credit offer 0% financing for up to 12 months, as well as extended payment plans over 4-5 years.
- Credit union loans: San Diego’s Point Loma Credit Union offers a “Sharper Image Loan” for plastic surgery procedures.
- Home equity loans: use a home equity loan to finance your procedure.
- Credit card payments: pay with major credit cards including American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Layaway programs: pay according to a weekly or monthly budget, and receive treatment upon reaching the complete payment balance.
To learn more about our San Diego plastic surgery office and flexible financing options, please visit the Financing page on our website. In addition, you can call our San Diego/La Jolla office (858-450-4199), our Temecula office (951-695-9934), or peruse procedure information online today at www.skincaidmd.com.
- Mommy Makeover plastic surgery: celebrating motherhood and sustaining youthful beauty
- PIP breast implant scare prompts renewed safety concerns and interest in breast augmentation revision surgeries among plastic surgery patients
- FDA reiterates silicone breast implant safety – but urges women to follow-up for optimal health
- Plastic surgery, laser and chemical peel procedures offer adult acne solutions with lasting results
- Justin Timberlake vs. the Marlboro Man: the changing face of male self-image in America
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=62669