Court hearing for woman charged with embezzling funds from Jack’s La Jolla
A status conference was scheduled in court for Tara Moore Monday, who allegedly embezzled $3 million from Jack’s La Jolla restaurant-bar where she worked as a bookkeeper until it closed nearly 3 years ago.
Moore is also accused of embezzling $1.8 million from her mother-in- law in a fraudulent loan scam.
Moore, 39, the mother of two, lives in Loma Portal.
She faces more than 10 years in prison if convicted.
At the time of her arrest, detectives seized more than $400,000 worth of antiques, furniture, paintings, exotic Italian silk curtains and other items found in her home.
- Jack’s bookkeeper enters not guilty in second embezzlement cases
- Former Jack’s bookkeeper arrested for stealing from La Jolla nightclub
- Jack’s bookkeeper pleads not guilty; bail reduced
- One on one: Mike Viscuso talks about calling off plans in La Jolla
- Jack’s La Jolla heavily in debt, former owner declines comment
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=62599