Gas prices continue downward trend countywide
City News Service
The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in San Diego County decreased today for the 16th consecutive day and 22nd time in 24 days, falling seven-tenths of a cent to $4.255, its lowest amount since Feb. 24.
The average price is 3.9 cents less than one week ago and 12.6 cents lower than one month ago, but 7.5 cents more than a year ago, according to figures from the AAA and Oil Price Information Service.
The average price has decreased 10.8 cents over the past 24 days, including a half-cent on both Wednesday and Thursday.
“A little more price competition appears to be happening among gas stations, which is good news for drivers,” said Jeffrey Spring of the Automobile Club of Southern California. “Drivers can help encourage further price reductions by shopping around for the best prices, as long as they’re not driving far out of their way.
“As of today, Escondido is among the cities with the lowest gas prices, according to AAA.com/TripTik.”
- Average price of gas tops $4, heads even higher in San Diego County
- Report says 17 percent of children in San Diego County living in poverty
- Taxpayers Assocation: County’s pension liability rises
- Strong winds expected inland on Wednesday
- County cautions against taking potassium iodide pills
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=62209