La Jolla Concours D’Elegance a show of fun for fans
Bob Meigs with a snazzy hat he found on e-Bay has participated for years in the Concours and with the car tour.
The 8th annual, weekend-long La Jolla Concours D’Elegance March 30 through April 1, was a big hit. The event included a free movie night and book signing on Friday, a car tour on Saturday with stops at Naval Base Coronado, The Grand Del Mar Hotel, and Only Yesterday private auto museum in Sorrento Valley. The tour wrapped up with a classic car exhibition at Ellen Browning Scripps Park on Sunday. More than 150 automobiles were judged in 30 specialty car classes.
Committee chair Mike Dorvillier said the goal of this year’s car show was to “raise the bar and make it a special event for the community.”
Concours proceeds will benefit La Jolla Historical Society and the Monarch School, which serves children impacted by homelessness.
- Newcomers share their generous spirit at holiday party
- Rooftop party brings Christmas spirit to homeless kids
- Couture show raises funds for the upcoming Old Globe season
- Ice cream social brings out smiles
- Museum’s contemporary art group gathers in La Jolla garden
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=61881