La Jolla Concours D’Elegance drives car buffs, keeps them coming back
The 8th annual, weekend-long La Jolla Concours D’Elegance Friday, March 30 through Sunday, April 1, was a big hit. The event included a free movie night and book signing on Friday; a car tour on Saturday with stops at Naval Base Coronado, The Grand Del Mar, and Only Yesterday private auto museum in Sorrento Valley; and the classic car exhibition at Ellen Browning Scripps Park at the Cove on Sunday. More than 150 automobiles were judged in 30 special categories.
Committee chair Mike Dorvillier said the goal of this year’s show was to “raise the bar and make it a special event for the community.”
Concours proceeds will benefit La Jolla Historical Society and the Monarch School, which serves children impacted by homelessness.
Photos by Dave Schwab
- Businesses scramble to comply with orders for disability access
- Unique hub for stem cell research opens doors in La Jolla
- Real World cast members show up in La Jolla
- Children’s Pool waters reopened for swimming
- Attacks fail to deter La Jolla father, son from trip to Israel
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=61834