Bird Rock pharmacy robbed at gunpoint, drugs taken
Police are seeking a suspect in an armed robbery at CVS pharmacy at 5495 La Jolla Blvd. in Bird Rock that occurred Thursday night, March 29 about 8:30 p.m.
A thief held up a clerk at gunpoint demanding drugs.
The suspect is described as a black male in his 30s, 5 feet 8 inches tall, who was wearing dark clothes and sunglasses.
According to Officer David Stafford of the San Diego Police Department, the suspect fled the store in possession of Oxycontin, Percoset and cough syrup.
There were no injuries.
No other information was immediately available.
- Lew Bush, former Chargers linebacker, Bird Rock restaurant owner, dies of heart attack
- Meeting draws Bird Rock neighbors opposed to farmers market
- Mystery lingers over who damaged Bird Rock Torrey pine
- Appeals court reduces 'Bird Rock Bandit' Cravens' conviction
- Bird Rock block remains dark
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=61403