What is vaginal rejuvenation surgery? An introduction for plastic surgery patients
By John G. Apostolides, MD
As plastic surgery procedures become increasingly common and accessible in today’s society, prospective patients may desire more information about lesser known or frequently misunderstood surgeries before making decisions concerning treatment. Vaginal rejuvenation surgery is one such procedure that tends to prompt questions among patients; and it is important for people to learn the facts from a board-certified and experienced plastic surgeon in order to separate media hype and speculation from legitimate medical science.
Vaginal rejuvenation procedures usually fall within one of three categories: labiaplasty, vaginaplasty and hoodectomy.
- · Labiaplasty refers to the surgical reduction of the labia, and is appropriate for women who experience physical discomfort or severe embarrassment due to unusually large labia.
- · Vaginaplasty is a procedure designed to “tighten” or “rejuvenate” the vagina, either after childbirth or to counteract the effects of aging – both of which may result in a sensation of “looseness” and subsequent lack of stimulation during sexual intercourse.
- · Hoodectomy, or “clitoral unhooding,” is the surgical removal of extra skin surrounding the clitoris in order to improve sensation and stimulation.
Of the three, labiaplasty is the most common procedure – often sought by women who suffer from a labial deformity or defect, or who wish to improve the cosmetic appearance of their genitals. The surgery is designed to alter the labia minora and the labia majora in cases where a woman has labia minora that are disproportionately greater in size than her labia majora, and in which surgical correction of the disproportion will create more symmetrical and aesthetically pleasing labia minora that are also fully functional to the patient in question. Labiaplasty enhances the exterior appearance of the labia and also makes it possible for trained surgeons to repair the tearing and stretching caused by childbirth, physical trauma, and the effects of age on the female body.
Safe, effective and compassionate plastic surgery with renowned San Diego professionals
Labiaplasty and other vaginal rejuvenation surgeries are serious procedures that should not be undertaken lightly. However, for women suffering from the effects trauma, deformity or crippling self-esteem issues, vaginal rejuvenation at the hands of an experienced plastic surgeon can restore aesthetic balance to the body and bring self-confidence and peace of mind to the patient.
At SK Clinic, our skilled team offers compassionate and complimentary consultations to new patients in an effort to establish trust, put individuals at ease, and determine the best possible treatment plan for each and every patient who walks through our doors. To learn more about vaginal rejuvenation surgery or any other plastic surgery procedure at our San Diego plastic surgery clinic, visit us online today: www.sk-clinic.com.
- “Real Housewives” aren’t the only ones getting nose jobs: how rhinoplasty blends beauty with functionality for plastic surgery patients
- Introducing the Brazilian Butt-Lift: the latest trend in body-sculpting cosmetic plastic surgery
- Innovative breast reconstruction procedure blends advanced technique with natural results
- “Mommy Makeover” surgery: post-baby plastic surgery transformations for new mothers
- Sculptra and SmartXide DOT Fractional CO2 Laser procedures offer affordable alternative to facial plastic surgery
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=61300