La Jolla and Torrey Pines elementary named as ‘Distinguished Schools’ by Department of Education
City News Service
La Jolla and Torrey Pines elementary schools were among 40 elementary schools around San Diego County named California Distinguished Schools by the state Department of Education.
“The schools we are recognizing today demonstrate the incredible commitment of California’s teachers, administrators and school employees to provide a world-class education to every student, in spite of the financial hardships facing our state and our schools,” said Tom Torlakson, state superintendent of public instruction. “Their dedication is inspiring, and I applaud and admire their passion and persistence.”
In all, 387 elementary schools around the state were recognized for providing students with an equitable and rigorous education and narrowing the achievement gap. The state alternates between recognizing elementary schools one year and middle and high schools the next.
- La Jolla's back-to-school dates to note
- La Jolla kindergartners, parents getting head start on making friends
- Bird Rock students greet 3-day walkers
- La Jolla church hosting Oaxacan wood carving exhibit, workshop
- La Jolla High juniors, Interact ready for rummage sale
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=61396