La Jolla Country Day girls move on to state title game
For the first time since 2002, the La Jolla Country Day girls basketball team will play for a state title.
The Torreys defeated Serra (Gardena) 46-36 last weekend in the Southern California regional final. Country Day advances to the CIF Division IV championship and will play Salesian (Richmond) on Friday.
In the 10-point win against Serra, the Torreys’ Kelsey Plum was just too much for Serra to handle. The junior went for 23 points on the game.
“Stopping Plum was one of our goals, but we didn’t get the job done,” Serra coach McKinsey Hadley told ESPN Los Angeles.
Friday’s game against Salesian (31-4) is in Sacramento at the Power Balance Arena, home to the NBA’s Sacramento Kings. Tipoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m.
- Country Day boys, Bishop’s girls advance in state basketball tournament
- Country Day boys win CIF title; girls team gets bye in state tournament
- Week in Sports: Country Day girls fall short in Regional Final
- Country Day girls lose in Regional Final
- Country Day close to fulfilling lofty goals
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=60589