Spring tea follows Village Garden Club’s annual masters’ event
The Village Garden Club of La Jolla’s fifth annual Meet the Masters event featured a presentation by British floral designer Shane Connolly on March 8 at Sherwood Auditorium in the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego. After visiting local gardens, Connolly demonstrated eight designs using flowers and plants unique to the area. A spring tea followed his talk at La Jolla Women’s Club. Connolly is the author of “Language of Flowers,” “The Secret Language of Flowers,” and many other books on floral design. Based in London, Connolly is the official supplier of flowers for royal events.
His designs have graced the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles in 2005, Queen Elizabeth II’s 80th birthday celebration in 2006, the 10-year memorial of Princess Diana’s death in 2007, and the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton (TRH Duke and Duchess of Cambridge) last April.
Photos by Carol Sonstein
- La Jolla Town Council has its day at the races
- Film, fun and fashion mix at art museum’s alt.pictures fest
- Kyoto Scholarship gala shines a spotlight on human achievements
- Soroptimist luncheon shines spotlight on women helping women
- La Jolla Playhouse supporters and stars shine at 2011 Gala
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=60170