Rotary donates toys for ill children in Mexico
Dr. Elizabeth Jones, founding president of the Foundation for the Children of the Californias, which operates Infantile de las Californias, a hospital on the Mexican side of the border in Otay Mesa, receives a bundle of stuffed animals for hospital children from Nancy Stoke of Torrey Pines (La Jolla) Rotary Club on March 7.
The bag full of 1,750 stuffed animals was donated by Dave and Thomas Sanguinetti, youthful entrepreneurs of Real-Gifts.com. The Rotary Club, which meets every Wednesday at noon at Rock Bottom Brewery on La Jolla Village Drive, sponsors a Care ‘N’ Share Toy Drive annually at the San Diego County Fairgrounds in Del Mar.
“We collect new and gently used stuff animals, and we’re always looking out for more,” said Stoke. Visit www.torreypinesrotary.org for more information.
- Shawn Evans, M.D., elected chief of staff at Scripps Memorial Hospital
- Doctor earns award for her work in whole-person healing
- Dr. Irwin Jacobs of La Jolla to retire from Qualcomm’s Board of Directors
- Scripps Research Institute scientists convert skin cells to beating heart cells
- Sanford-Burnham announces new trustees
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=60226