Next committee meeting to save La Jolla’s post office is March 16
The next meeting of the La Jlla Post Office Task Force will be Friday, March 16 at 1:30 p.m. at the Balmer School Annex of Wisteria Cottage, 7846 Eads Ave.
Updates will be given by committee members on the effort to save La Jolla’s Wall Street post office, which is proposed to be moved elsewhere in the Village by the US Postal Service.
A community input forum titled “Re-imagining the La Jolla Post Office,” to discuss ideas for reuse of the facility in the event that it is moved, has been tentatively scheduled for Thursday, March 29 at 6:30 p.m. at La Jolla Rec Center.
The La Jolla Historical Society has submitted a nomination to have the post office placed on The National Register of Historic Places. That nomination is available for purchase for $9.99 at La Jolla Historical Society.
- Group has three-point plan for saving La Jolla’s post office
- ScrippsHealth puts unusual twist on event: Learn to ‘Eat Like A Marine’
- Promoter details plans for farmers market in Bird Rock
- Transient arrested and charged with burglary on Coast Walk
- UCSD launches new guided tour
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=60057