Plastic surgery, laser and chemical peel procedures offer adult acne solutions with lasting results
By Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS
Many people may associate acne with adolescence, and assume that the condition is not an issue for older individuals; but unfortunately, there is no such thing as a “time limit” when it comes to acne breakouts, blemishes and subsequent scarring. Adult acne solutions are thus of major import to a significant percentage of the population, including those currently experiencing breakouts and also those looking to reduce the appearance of scarring from past bouts of acne.
While there are countless creams, masks, serums and facial treatments on the market today that promise to eradicate acne breakouts and minimize scarring, few can offer the dramatic results made possible by recent advances in minimally-invasive plastic surgery technology. For adults who fail to see results from topical dermatological treatments, the ViPeel Chemical Peel, Deka Smartxide DOT Fractional CO2 Laser and other laser resurfacing procedures can provide safe, natural and long-lasting solutions for both active inflammation and persistent scars.
Treat active acne with the latest medical technology
The ViPeel Chemical Peel is a painless, efficient and non-invasive procedure without either skin preparation or downtime requirements. Formulated with a host of special ingredients, the peel has been shown to improve skin tone and texture, reduce acne scars and age spots, soften lines and wrinkles and even stimulate collagen production. For those hoping to find an effective treatment for active acne inflammation, the application of one to three ViPeel Chemical Peels, each spaced about one month apart, is proven and successful alternative to endless lotions, blemish solutions and toners.
Eliminate acne scars for smoother, more beautiful skin
In addition to the ViPeel Chemical Peel, the Deka Smartxide DOT Fractional CO2 Laser is another cutting edge solution for those struggling with acne symptoms. The laser is used to create a Fraxel-like resurfacing treatment that permanently rejuvenates facial skin and helps to decrease the visible signs of aging. Depending on the patient’s age and desired results, there are a variety of single and combined treatment options available to erase scars and improve the overall complexion:
- For younger patients with permanent acne scars, multiple treatments over several months with the Deka Smartxide DOT Fractional CO2 Laser can achieve skin tightening and scar diminution, both of which have proven to be successful and long lasting in most cases.
- More mature patients looking to reduce scarring may receive additional benefit from a full or mini-facelift in conjunction with laser therapy to tighten the skin, diminish deep depressed scars and create a smoother skin surface for a more toned and youthful look.
- Finally, patients with very deep and isolated scars can undergo a procedure known as acne scar excision during the laser resurfacing process, which in effect “closes” the tiny “ice pick” scar opening to restore a smooth surface layer to the skin.
At our renowned San Diego plastic surgery clinics, conveniently located in both La Jolla and Temecula, we offer both the ViPeel Chemical Peel, laser therapy with the Deka Smartxide DOT Fractional CO2 Laser, and a variety of other facial rejuvenation, laser resurfacing and plastic surgery facelift procedures to help erase acne scars and restore facial skin. To find out more, see additional patient photos or schedule a consultation, call our La Jolla office (858-450-4199), our Temecula office (951-695-9934), or visit us online today: www.skincaidmd.com.
- PIP breast implant scare prompts renewed safety concerns and interest in breast augmentation revision surgeries among plastic surgery patients
- After significant weight loss, bariatric surgery patients may still need help for complete physical recovery and emotional well being
- Justin Timberlake vs. the Marlboro Man: the changing face of male self-image in America
- Sculptra and SmartXide DOT Fractional CO2 Laser procedures offer affordable alternative to facial plastic surgery
- FDA reiterates silicone breast implant safety – but urges women to follow-up for optimal health
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=59301