SDG&E presents $2.4 million check to UC San Diego for energy efficiency efforts
On Feb. 21, San Diego Gas & Electric’s vice president of customer services, Caroline Winn, presented a check for $2.4 million to UCSD representing energy-efficiency incentives received through UC San Diego’s 10 energy efficiency projects completed in 2011 in connection with the University of California/California State University/Investor Owned Utility Energy Efficiency Partnership program between UC San Diego and SDG&E.
The UC/CSU/IOU Energy Efficiency Partnership is a statewide program that includes the 33 UC and CSU campuses served by the four California investor-owned utilities. The partnership aims to achieve cost-effective immediate and persistent peak energy and demand savings support for campuses in completing energy efficiency projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The utilities work hand-in-hand wth campuses to achive goals of the UC Sustainability Policy and UC San Diego’s Climate Action Plan.
- Panelists ponder survival of Internet during La Jolla forum
- Caroline’s Seaside Cafe adds a casual touch to La Jolla dining scene
- UCSD celebrates Flag Day with plaque installation at Vietnam War-era flagpole
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography to head $25 million climate research project
- UCSD launches new guided tour
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=59176