Dalai Lama will visit UC San Diego
From University Reports
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, the spiritual leader of Tibet, will make his first trip to San Diego April 18 and 19 for public events at three host universities — San Diego State University, UC San Diego and University of San Diego. The Compassion Without Borders symposium will include three major public events:
• April 18, 9:30 a.m., UC San Diego, Panel Discussion: The Global Impact of Climate Change: Balance through Universal Responsibility, Compassion and Human Consciousness;
• April 18, 1:30 p.m., USD, Public Talk: Cultivating Peace and Justice;
• April 19, 9:30 a.m., SDSU, Public Talk: Upholding Universal Ethics and Compassion in Challenging Times.
“This will be a historic event for San Diego,” said event chair The Venerable Lama Tenzin Dhonden. “This event will bring together people of different faiths, secularists and non-secularists, scientists, scholars and artists to celebrate our shared values.” USD will award His Holiness the University of San Diego Medal of Peace.
Tickets for all events will go on sale Wednesday, Feb. 22, at 10 a.m. Each venue will sell tickets to their events separately.
Tickets for the UC San Diego event will be available on campus through the Rimac Arena Ticket Booth; Tickets for the USD event will be available via www.tickets.com; and for SDSU’s public talk, tickets can be purchased via ticketmaster.com.
For additional questions or information, visit dalailamasandiego.org.
- La Jolla group still pushing for village to secede from San Diego
- Mission Bay habitat project getting underway
- Census data puts San Diego population at 1.3 million
- UCSD launches new guided tour
- Survey: Half of major San Diego roadways in poor condition
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=59134