Donovan’s Pan Seared Halibut
9 ounces halibut
2 ounces baby arugula
1/2 ounce shiitake mushrooms
1/2 ounce sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
2 ounces shoestring potatoes
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Place half of the olive oil in a saute pan and get smoking hot.
2. Season the halibut with the salt and pepper, then place in the pan and sear until golden brown. Then turn the fish over.
3. Place the halibut in the oven and finish cooking.
4. In a separate saute pan, heat the olive oil, then add the mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes.
5. Add the baby arugula last.
6. Place the halibut in the middle of an 18-inch bowl, then top with the vegetables, then the sauce, then the shoestrings.
7. Garnish with the chopped parsley.
- On the Menu recipe: The Fish Market’s Garlic Prawns
- On the Menu Recipe: Shrimp Dumplings from Wild Note Cafe
- On the Menu Recipe: Crab Catcher’s Cioppino
- Marine Room’s Redwood Hill Goat Cheese Brûlée (with Tupelo Honey Verjus Dressing)
- On the Menu: Manhattan’s Cannelloni
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=58894