Public rally at Wisteria Cottage Feb. 4 to protest proposed closing of La Jolla Post Office
A public rally to save La Jolla’s Post Office on Wall Street which the U.S. Postal Service plans to close down and move to a nearby location is being held Saturday, Feb. 4 starting at 9:30 a.m. on the lawn in front of La Jolla Historical Society’s Wisteria Cottage at 780 Prospect St.
Councilmember Sherri Lightner will join the La Jolla Historical Society and concerned community members to protest the proposed sale of the 1935 postal building in the heart of the Village which USPS claims is necessary to generate revenue for its operations.
Lightner is working with the community to stop the sale and keep this treasured community asset open.
Speaker will discuss the post office’s historic, economic and social significance.
There will be petitions for the public to sign protesting the move.
La Jolla, Calif. 92037
Directions: I-5 North
Exit 26A West La Jolla Parkway
Continue on to Torrey Pines Roa
- La Jollans react to Wall Street post office being moved, building sold
- La Jolla postal workers feeling pinch of cuts, automation
- La Jollans gather to celebrate 75th anniversary of Post Office
- ‘Postmark La Jolla’ lecture series begins
- UCSD getting ready for 5K for Melanoma
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=58338